Topic Brainstorm

 The first story that I am interested in is Alice in Wonderland. I read a story that one of the former students did using this tale and I really enjoyed it. They took the approach that Alice is in a mental home with multiple personality disorder and I thought this was an amazing and creative approach. I think this story is very odd and crazy, with so many different characters and things going on so having the approach that Alice has mental problems I thought was very clever. I think taking an approach similar to that would be awesome, but doing it in my own way and putting some other twists to it.  

project-idea-alice-in-wonderland.html


The second story I chose is The Little Mermaid. I love this story so I think taking a different approach to it could be super interesting. I was thinking that if people knew mermaids were real and the boy on land fell in love with the mermaid it could be a very interesting concept. The boy could see the mermaid in the water and fall in love and want to become a mermaid himself. I think this brings in a very different aspect to the story and could bring out new interesting, creative ideas. I think this is an amazing story and having this different approach would make it awesome. 

li_merma.html

andersen-fairy-tales-and-stories.html


The nest story I am interested in is Arabian Nights. This was my favorite princess movie when I was a child so I am very interested in writing a different point of view for it. I think it could be cool to write it from a different characters perspective like the genie. I also think it could be cool to change roles in the story as well. I think having the women be poor and on the streets could be very interesting and granting her three wishes but still having the man seek her out could be a good turn on the story. 

Aladdin 


The last story I picked is Snow White. I read on the story ideas taking the story approach from the villain and I thought this would be the perfect story to do that. The villain in this story plays an amazing role and getting to hear the story from her point of view would take a completely different turn on the story and I think it could be amazing. The villain is already such an important part of the story and everyone knows who she is and what she wants to do to Snow White so I think this would be amazing. 

project-idea-fairy-tale-villains.html


This is a picture of a statue to look like the little mermaid sitting on the rock with her mermaid tail. 

Source: The Little Mermaid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Dancer, Sophie!

Week 11 Story: Native American Marriage Tales