Storybook Favorites

 The first story that I like the most is Welcome to Wonderland. I really liked the approach they took with this story. Alice in Wonderland is an odd and crazy story with a lot fo funky things in it. I believe that this approach to it shows all the things that Alice sees in the movies and makes sense of it. I know it is a children's movie but I believe that taking it in the stand point as having a mental illness is a very interesting way to look about it. Multiple Personality Disorder is already something that interests me a lot so I believe that is why I really liked reading more about this story and this persons interpretation of what it means. I think they were really creative in writing about this. 

Source: Wonderland

The next post that I like the most was the story of Aladdin. I love the original Disney story so I thought I would love to see how this person put their own twist to the story and I was right. I like how they switched the roles in that Aladdin is now the rich one who is in line for the thrown and the princess is poor. I think this shows a completely different side to the story that will be interesting to see what happens. I also thought it was interesting how they made the magician the bad guy I the story because in the original story the magician is my personal favorite character. 

Source:Aladdin

The last story I picked was called Jake's storybook. This story is a spin off from Peter Pan. I really liked this one because it takes a different approach than the other ones I read about. The person who wrote this took the approach of coming from the audience which I thought was super interesting because most of the others changed the story from the original but this one came at it from a different standpoint which I thought was very interesting. 

https://sites.google.com/view/realpeterpan/introduction


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Dancer, Sophie!

Week 11 Story: Native American Marriage Tales