Growth Mindset

 I have not heard of the growth mindset or Carol Dweck before taking this course. I think for myself I am probably in the middle. I know that I love to learn more and that when I do understand it I get very happy. But I also know that if I am struggling with something a lot I can get very frustrated with myself and sometimes give up. So I believe in terms of school work sometimes I have have a fixed mindset and sometimes I have a growth mindset. I think when it is something that I am interested in I definitely have a growth mindset but when it is a topic that I am not a passionate about and that I know I will nit be needing as much in the career path I want to go in I can find myself having the fixed mindset. I believe in terms of sports I always have a growth mindset. When there is a new skill I want to learn I often find myself not giving up until I get that skill. While I've been at I've found out that it is much easier for me to have a growth mindset when I am passionate about what I am learning. I think my biggest challenges when learning new things is setting enough time to do things. I know sometimes I can get frustrated and will need to come back to something so just knowing that about myself is a good thing. I think I will definitely be excited to learn more about the growth mindset this semester because in know I can improve with it. I think my goal this semester would be to stay on top of all my assignments because I am taking a lot of hours so staying on top of everything and getting things done early will be very important for me. 

                                                             I will try again tomorrow.            

                                                (Source: Growth Mindset memes blog )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Dancer, Sophie!

Week 11 Story: Native American Marriage Tales